“PADDLE” Approach towards Establishing A Successful Business – by Zodwa Msimang
(Isolezwe Intandokazi Womens Club – 24 August 2019)
Just like a paddler taking in her final breath in preparation for a race such as the dusi canoe marathon, the adrenalin rush is in its greatest high as scores of people are around her to witness her journey as she races to reach the finish line. The race is not ‘just’ to reach the end, but to win the ultimate prize and all the accolades that are attached to it.
It is a nerve wrecking experience though, as one knows from the onset of the race that the stream, river or dam that they will be paddling on may not only have smooth or fresh water systems, but will include rocks, bushes & roots mushrooming from underneath the waters and heavy currents & tides.
Here are a few tips to heed on your journey towards establishing a successful business:
- Amidst the Pressures of the Business Environment…
Patience, Perseverance & Persistence
- The Road Ahead Requires….
Ambition, Adaptability, Appetite & Alignment
- When the going gets tough, the tough gets going…
Dream, Dedication, Drive, Discipline & Determination
- “Unity is strength. . . when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” –Mattie Stepanek
Lead, Learn, Love, Live & Listen
- “No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.” –W. H. Auden
Emancipate, Enable, Empower, Equip & Elevate
In all you do, PADDLE!
I trust the above read will be of great benefit to you, God bless!
Group Chairman: Ikhono Thrive Global